Friday, January 30, 2015

Ben Carson 
  • Born in the slums of Detroit in deep poverty
  • His mother and father divorced
  • His mother came from a family of 24 children 
  • His mother couldn't read.
  • his mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis
  • Ben was the worst student in his grade school class. 
  • Ben becomes top student in his school.
  • Ben becomes a world renowned Doctor. 

Student Success 
A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity 
" i hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and i can change that(Poverty). it depends upon how hard i want to work, and decided that i would changee it." 
DR. BEN CARSON. 

Reflection 
i can relate to this quote. i also come from a poor family, however i do have a plate of food in my table each time im hungry and i also have a roof on top of my head. im just tired of living in a poor neighborhood in a environment were is polluted. I dream of the day i will finally live somewhere else and give my mom what she needs. that's is my motivation, my chance to change it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment